Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day Treat

Instead of buying Mom a Mother's Day gift, Alice and I decided to treat her for the whole day. We were glad that Dad wanted to come along too. We started off at Edelweiss for a yummy cup of coffee and a Dutch almond tart. We browsed around there for awhile and then headed to Market Mall. We walked half the mall and then stopped for some Chinese food for lunch. After lunch we did some more shopping, while Dad patiently toodled behind us the whole time. Well....you can only keep a man in a mall for so long before this happens...........




After Dad's little catnaps, and Mom's successful shopping spree we ended our day with coffee and a cinnamon bun.Thanks for spending the day with us Dad and Mom! We had a great time! Love you!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Linda. I want to say "thank you" for raising Dan to be the terrific son-in-law he is! I appreciate that he cherishes Karen and takes care of her. I love it that he is a godly man who takes his faith seriously and lives it every day. Those things he learned at your knee - God bless you.
Love, Barb
PS You are so lucky to have your parents living in the same city!

Linda Dees said...

And Happy Mothers's day to you too Barb. Thank-you so much for your comment. All I can say is "Back at ya!" Karen is such a beautiful daughter in law. We appreciate too how much she loves and cares for Daniel and Tyler...and baby too. We just love her to pieces!

KDees said...

Well, well...what nice previous comments....All I can say is that I LOVE those pictures of Grandpa!! That is just so great! Napping while the girls shopped! Sounds like you guys had a nice day!
And, I guess I could also say, Happy Mother's Day!!!