Lately, I've had the priveledge of spending a little more time than usual with my Dad. It hasn't been for the nicest reasons though. He's had a rough go with health issues...heart problems, UTI, blood pressure, walking etc. I won't go into detail because I know Dad wouldn't want me to. It's not easy seeing my big, strong, rugged Dad having to deal with these things. Looking back at memories with my Dad makes my heart swell with love, appreciation and admiration for him. He was the strong anchor in our family...the provider, leader, teacher disciplinarian.....God fearing Man. As far back as I can remember, after every family dinner, Dad would read a bible story. As soon as Dad reached for the bible or devotional, my sister Alice and I would scramble off our seats and climb onto our Daddy's huge lap and snuggle into his safe, strong arms and listen to Dad read to all of us (5 sons and 2 daughters) My Dad had his tough times providing for us all, but he seemed to always have a smile on his face. No matter how tough things were Dad always taught us to be thankful for even the smallest things. I treasure the wonderful memories growing up as his daughter. I thank you Dad for loving me, providing for me, protecting me and just being there. I love you Dad!!!
Dad, my younger brother Ron, and me.
Dad me and my Mom~2007

4 comments:
Lin - You have such a gift of preserving wonderful memories. I'm so thankful that I have you as my sister and friend. We're definitely very blessed to have such a wonderful God-fearing, kind and gentle man for a father.
Linda, recently, I shared Isaiah 46:4 with my elderly parents. "I will be your God through all your lifetime, yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and be your Savior." May this be an encouragement to your fine parents and to you and Ron as well.
I love this post, mom. Great job!
If you send me that shot (full resolution) I can probably get rid of the cig for ya!! Your such a good daughter!
Post a Comment