Thursday, January 18, 2007

Having Tyler

" Tyler, it was so much fun having you stay with us while your Daddy and Mommy were away. You were such a good boy and Grampa and Grammie are so proud of you! We sure love you Buddy! I know Grandpa and Grandma Wiens loved having you stay with them too for a few days. "
Today I thought I would look for a new pair of runners for Tyler because his were getting too small. Tyler spotted these CARS runners right away and wanted them. Of course Grammie couldn't say no. He couldn't believe that they "light up" I took him into the bathroom where it was dark and he just giggled. I told him he was a Lucky Ducky. He said "Tyer yukkie dukkie" When it was time for his nap he cried when I told him he had to take them off. It was so tempting to let him sleep in them.
Grammie's big helper. All week he followed me around the house and said "Tyer howp Gammie?"
Tyler loved dumping water on Grampa's head. His favorite toy (besides dinky toys) is our little piano that plays songs.
Tyler is about the best eater I've ever seen. He was so excited when I put his meals in front of him...no kidding...he eats more than Grammie!
We went to go see Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Vanderveen yesterday. He couldn't believe his good fortune when Great-Grandma gave him a fudge bar for on his way home. What a mess! I had to wash everything when we got home. Today Grampa let Tyler pick whatever donut he wanted. Like most kids Tyler chose the one with all the candy sprinkles. He was one happy boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, you have caught the very essence of our dear little Tyler!!! Makes me want to kidnap him back to our house again. Is it okay if I send your blog address to a few of my family so they can enjoy the photos too? Let me know. Barb
PS I guess Dan and Karen are in the air about half-way home right about now. I know they are eager to see their precious boy too.

KDees said...

We sure missed Tyler, but you obviously had a great time with him and he didn't suffer much. I'm glad you didn't teach him how to say "sex" though.... :)

SMB said...

I'm sure it made it easier for Tyler's mommy and daddy knowing he was in such great hands and having so much fun! Those kids are blessed to have such a great Grammie!!